Wednesday, July 17, 2019

A heart and a 14 year old ~

When you see young adolescent teenagers and they are grasping an infinite dimension in seeking the CHURCH as the guide and director, this is an automatic entrustment.  There is an aspect of faith and reason that is not idealistic like the Disneyland of dreams.

The teenagers I have accompanied through the High School Confirmation program were like me.  I went to public school all my life and never encountered God amidst my studies and school activities.  And yet, we did the daily routine of the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.  "One Nation Under God....indivisible...… "

The home was television and the occasional day to day dinner and homework.  We knew the essentials of good manners.  Saying Hello and Good bye and Thank you.

We went through the motions of what the Air Force Base Chapel could offer with any form of catechetical agenda.

And even then, the difficulty was effortless for me to know there were significant decisions being made.  And this decision was to love my family. 

And yes, the children around me in public school had bad manners and bad language and I knew I hated it.

And thus, I decided not to associate myself to any danger towards my person when it came to the evident conditions they were preeminently leading any human being to in being among the same "crowd."

And GOD in HIS PROVIDENTIAL love for me placed me in the GATE program for children with special abilities and gifts.  GATE programs that exemplified the talents in children.

How this occurred was from a school meeting of teachers and I was noticed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
And when it happened, it did not occur to me that anything changed except this greater ability to model what was a GIFT they saw in me.  The ability to work.  The ability to learn. 


So thus, I found the HOLY spirit at work in my attentiveness to the movement.

And a friend in High School showed me an image of Jesus and I said I liked it and asked if I could make a copy of it at the library.

The Image of Jesus Christ - by Meryl Viola Bravo
And when I went home, I taped the Image of the Son of God on my wall next to my bed where I would lay my head at night and I would talk to Him in my heart while listening to God and seeing HIS FACE!

May 29, 1993 - Confirmation Day - 14 years old
 
And I did not realize that the reason I was seemingly such a quiet human being was because I came to a point of decision in who I would find myself following.  And I preferred to be alone.  
 
"Faith, therefore, is also necessary in the natural cognitive process, for otherwise knowledge would remain limited, unsatisfactory and misleading."  BENEDICTUS PP. XVI Apostolic Letter of Saint Hildegard of Bingen as Doctor of the Church

Yes, you would agree that attending public education with no religious background except for the limited catechetical program could offer me at the Military base chapel and so there is a natural process of knowledge for me and perhaps may be a degree lower than that of children who received a Catholic education; however, this is what I have come to see as unfortunate for those who did receive Catholic education.
 
Allow me to share with you what I observed in working for the Carmelite Sisters as a religious under formation.  They were pompous.

Their charity was at a grasp and yet, not at the depth.

They were rich Catholic educated women.  And at a level of ingratitude.

When I observed bad language and bad behavior in public school, I sought refuge in remaining near an adult staff member.  And this is the difference. 

Why would I be required to share with you the difference?

I will tell you that the bad behavior and bad language I observed was a level of poverty.  The bad behavior in the children and women I observed coming from Catholic education was evil and wealth all at the one of perversity.

They were wealthy pompous souls with the level of a pharisaical with a twist.  And you ask, what was the twist?

THE NATURAL cognitive process.

They could not process the natural realm of being a norm.  They say it is only extraordinary when you are the ordinary.  And the EYE of the NEEDLE requires the NATURAL cognitive skill to get the thread in the EYE!

I came to a knowledge in my FAITH in which I realized they did not have.

THE NATURAL cognitive process.

Faith and the THE NATURAL cognitive process.

I will offer the twist.  And you untwist it.

I was an overweight child during a time of my senior year.  And there are overweight children for being overweight.  Usually, when children are overweight there is a health problem.  That particular year there was a health problem that caused my weight to increase.  Now, twist it and then twist it to make me look like a selfish child.

THE NATURAL cognitive process.

Faith and the NATURAL cognitive process.

Now, how do I know when I look at overweight children coming from San Marino, California the reason is different.  And this is their norm.  And yet, they are naturally inclined to be a "faith" filled human being.  Children who always have..... and never give.  And then, step on those who don't have.  And take from those who don't have.  And they are so much at a norm, they don't see it. 

To COGNITIVELY see this REQUIRES FAITH!